For a two month taster followed by possibly making this a permanent fixture for the club, we are starting a daytime once a month (2nd Monday) painting session. This is to be held at Barrow upon Soar’s Bishop Beverage Club which is on the Kinch number 2 bus service to Leicester from Loughborough.
For a start we have booked July 14th and August 11th 12:30 to 14:30 (hopefully extending this as soon as we can)
Reasons for this trial:-
- Recent BUSCA event held in Barrow showed a need for this activity
- The time has been chosen to help younger people with children and school runs to do, so they can have the chance of coming.
- Members have raised the issue that nothing happens on this side of the river.
- To appeal to new members
- To get a venue on a bus route where you can use your bus pass to attend for the non-drivers.
- To introduce as many non-painters to the joys of painting/drawing.
- To find any semi-professional, professional or skilled amateur painters out there who wish to share their knowledge.